Event Date(s): 14th May 2022 - 15th May 2022
Tutor(s): Richard O'Hara
Price: £190 - £260
Location: St Joseph's Hospital, Physiotherapy Department, Harding Avenue, Malpas, Newport, NP20 6ZE
Closing Date: 2nd May 2022 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This two-day course is designed for chartered physiotherapists who have previously undertaken a recognised acupuncture foundation course, have not practised for a couple of years and/or for those who wish to refresh their knowledge and skills in the clinical treatment of both acute and chronic pain.
Day one covers a review of the analgesic mechanisms of acupuncture, the health and safety implications including contraindication and precautions as well as discussion regarding the concept of the layering technique related to physiological mechanisms and clinical reasoning. Practical aspects of the day will cover the needling of the most common acupuncture points utilised in clinical practice based on meridians.
Day two will take the knowledge from day one and build on the understanding of prescriptions and treatment design. This includes incorporating points into the effective clinical management of common musculoskeletal conditions, which will be discussed in theory and then needled practically.
The course delivers 14 hours approved CPD. Participants should be CSP and HCPC registered and have already successfully undertaken a recognised acupuncture foundation course.
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering on this course, please download the below "Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding.
- All employer funding must be pre-approved and a where applicable, a valid purchase order must be provided (this particularly applies to anyone working within the NHS)
- The form must be returned within 7 days for registration, or places will be cancelled and resold.
- No employer funding applications will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date.
- All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.