Optimising Acupuncture Effectiveness
12th June 2019
London Road Community Hospital, Derby
12th July 2019 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
The CPD course is aimed as a refresher course for those wishing to refresh their knowledge on key aspects of acupuncture practice. There will be 3 interconnecting lectures which pull together a common theme of optimising acupuncture treatment. The lectures explore the key pain mechanism theories which underpin acupuncture point selection, the adverse effects of acupuncture, and the key needling considerations which ensure optimum treatment delivery.
- To review the literature related to acupuncture related adverse incidents and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the adverse effects which can arise following acupuncture needling
- To demonstrate ability to link practice with safety guidelines and adverse incidents
- To successfully relate own information in informed consent literature to adverse incident and safety guidelines
- To review the theoretical basis of Western pain mechanisms and demonstrate an ability to link these mechanisms to a series of case studies to demonstrate optimum practice
- To demonstrate the application of safe and effective acupuncture needling to appropriate musculoskeletal conditions within a physiotherapy problem-solving paradigm
- To review a range of alternative needling approaches such as superficial and deep needling and demonstrate an ability to apply these techniques to different cases.
CPD Certificate of attendance awarded: 7.5 hrs
All delegates must have their HPC and CSP numbers before we can confirm your place on the course.
Fee: £140 for AACP members and £168 for non-members (Including Refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.