30th May 2020 - 31st May 2020
13th June 2020 - 14th June 2020
1st August 2020 - 2nd August 2020
Tutor(s): Raymond Che Wen Lam
Location: Oaks Hospital, Board and Seminar Room, Oaks Place, Mile End Road, Colchester, Essex CO4 5XR
Closing Date: 24th May 2020 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This course is divided equally between direct contact time and self-directed learning. It is designed to offer participants a level of knowledge, skill and understanding that will allow them to practice acupuncture in a safe and appropriate manner, in a clinical setting. The course provides a Western medical approach to acupuncture - grounded in current research evidence rather than in traditional Chinese philosophical thinking. This course does not cover the traditional Chinese medical approach to acupuncture, except where Western scientific theory and evidence can be used to explain concepts of traditional Chinese medicine (e.g. fascial planes and meridians).
Participants will be encouraged to critically evaluate their own clinical practice and where appropriate, challenge the current evidence base. This course is designed to provide participants with a rationale for using acupuncture as an adjunctive treatment for the management of common musculoskeletal pain conditions. Topics covered include the laboratory and radiological research which is used to explain the mechanism of acupuncture analgesia; current evidence from acupuncture clinical trials research; and the non-specific "placebo" effects associated with acupuncture analgesia. In addition to needling classical acupuncture points, participants will be introduced to the concept of myofascial trigger points, and the use of acupuncture needling for pain associated with myofascial trigger points.
- Have HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Have CSP membership
- Be able to practise acupuncture in a clinical setting between the course parts - Give the tutor informed consent to receive repetitive needling (with particular regard to being or trying to become pregnant)
- Be able to treat three separate patients in a safe and legal environment for their case studies. Failure to do so may affect your professional HCPC registration. (see AACP website for safety guidelines)
- Attend all 6 days of the course
Training Hours: 300
Deposit: £150.00 (Remaining balance of £399.00 is due 21 days before the course start date)
Full Course Price: £549.00
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering onto this course, please click on the below “Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding.
- No "Employer Paying" bookings will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date.
- All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.