Event Date(s): 12th October 2019
Tutor(s): Liz Tough
Price: £99 - £125
Location: Abbey View Medical Centre, Abbey Road Physiotherapy, Salisbury Road, Shaftsbury, Dorset, SP7 8DH
Closing Date: 6th October 2019 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This CPD day provides a comprehensive overview of the neurophysiological processes considered to be evident in the onset of migraine. It explore the evidence from acupuncture research, both clinical and neurophysiological, and discusses mechanisms that could be underlying acupuncture’s effectiveness. The importance of differential diagnosis for headache is also discussed, with examples of ‘red flag pathology’ demonstrated.
In addition, this day introduces participants to some basic concepts of TCM diagnosis which relate to migraine and headache.
Outcomes: By the end of the day you should be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of;
- Possible causes of migraine and TTH Theoretical models used to explain acupuncture’s effect
The evidence used to support NICE recommendations for the use of acupuncture
- Differential diagnosis of migraine and tension type headache
- Revise neurophysiology mechanisms associated with acupuncture analgesia and relate to the pathophysiology of TTH and migraine
- Discuss referral of pain from muscles into the head (MTrPs) Critically appraise the clinical research included in the Cochrane Reviews and CG150 NICE guidelines for Headaches
- Introduction to TCM concept of pathogens and headache
This course is open to health professionals with previous acupuncture training and who have a significant level of anatomical and physiological knowledge.
CPD Hours: 8
AACP Members: £99.00
Non AACP Members: £125.00
Please log-in to access the members discount.
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering onto this course, please click on the below “Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding.
- No "Employer Paying" bookings will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date.
- All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.