26th September 2020 - 27th September 2020
10th October 2020 - 11th October 2020
21st November 2020 - 22nd November 2020
Tutor(s): Paul Battersby
Location: Herbprime.co.ltd, Unit 2 Fourways Trading Estate, Longbridge Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1SW
Closing Date: 20th September 2020 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This course is divided equally between direct contact time and self-directed learning. It is designed to offer participants a level of knowledge, skill and understanding that will allow them to practice acupuncture in a safe and appropriate manner, in a clinical setting.
The course provides a Western medical approach to acupuncture - grounded in current research evidence rather than in traditional Chinese philosophical thinking. This course does not cover the traditional Chinese medical approach to acupuncture, except where Western scientific theory and evidence can be used to explain concepts of traditional Chinese medicine (e.g. fascial planes and meridians).
Participants will be encouraged to critically evaluate their own clinical practice and where appropriate, challenge the current evidence base. This course is designed to provide participants with a rationale for using acupuncture as an adjunctive treatment for the management of common musculoskeletal pain conditions.
Topics covered include the laboratory and radiological research which is used to explain the mechanism of acupuncture analgesia; current evidence from acupuncture clinical trials research; and the non-specific "placebo" effects associated with acupuncture analgesia. In addition to needling classical acupuncture points, participants will be introduced to the concept of myofascial trigger points, and the use of acupuncture needling for pain associated with myofascial trigger points.
- Have HCPC physiotherapy registration
- Have CSP membership
- Be able to practise acupuncture in a clinical setting between the course parts
- Give the tutor informed consent to receive repetitive needling (with particular regard to being or trying to become pregnant).
- Be able to treat three separate patients in a safe and legal environment for their case studies. Failure to do so may affect your professional HCPC registration. (see AACP website for safety guidelines)
- Attend all 6 days of the course Training
Deposit: £150.00 (Remaining balance of £399.00 is due 21 days before the course start date)
Full Course Price: £549.00
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering onto this course, please click on the below “Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding
- Funding must be approved before the registration and a valid purchase order must be supplied for an invoice to be raised.
- No "Employer Paying" bookings will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date. - All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.