Event Date(s): 24th September 2021
Tutor(s): Lynn Pearce
Price: £99 - £125
Location: AACP Ltd, 8-9 Sefton House, Adam Court, Newark Road, Peterborough, PE1 5PP
Closing Date: 22nd September 2021 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This one day course looks at the apparent similarities between the Tendino-Muscular Meridians (from Chinese Medicine practice) and the theory and structure of the Anatomy Trains approach to myofascial linkage within the body.
Starting with a challenging overview of 'what' the meridians may represent, the day then focuses on the binding sites or 'stations' – areas of tension/structural gathering of tissue, which if released can effect a much larger area, and change function within the myofascial system.
The Tendino-Muscular meridians or Sinew meridians will be explored first in terms of muscular areas that they cover. Anatomy Trains will follow.
Exploring the common ground between these two systems, but using acupuncture to release these tight areas, can offer a new approach to treatment – notably in effecting large areas and patterns of dysfunction quickly, and allowing points distal to the areas being worked on with manual therapy to be used as an adjunct to treatment.
This course is open to health professionals with previous acupuncture training and who have a significant level of anatomical and physiological knowledge.
CPD Hours: 7
AACP Members: £99.00
Non AACP Members: £125.00
Please log-in to access the members discount.
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering on this course, please download the below "Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding.
- All employer funding must be pre-approved and a where applicable, a valid purchase order must be provided (this particularly applies to anyone working within the NHS)
- The form must be returned within 7 days for registration, or places will be cancelled and resold.
- No employer funding applications will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date.
- All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.