Event Date(s): 20th June 2020
Tutor(s): Sudhir Daya
Price: £99 - £125
Location: Whittington Health NHS Trust, Outpatient Physiotherapy Department, Old Nurses Home, Whittington Hospital, Magdala Avenue, London, N19 5NF
Closing Date: 20th June 2020 -- You will be unable to book after this date!
This one day course is designed to demonstrate how the Western Medical approach to acupuncture can be incorporated into the treatment of the performing artist. The course will consist of theoretical and practical components. Acupuncture and trigger points will be taught throughout the day and emphasis will be placed on the clinical reasoning of how to incorporate acupuncture into the management of the performing artist.
To educate physiotherapists and other appropriately qualified medical professionals to incorporate acupuncture into the treatment of the performing artist (circus, dance and musician).
1. Understand the variety of performing artists and the demands on the whole person, not just physically.
2. Understand the local, segmental, supraspinal effects of acupuncture
3. Understand the theory of myofascial trigger points
4. Understand the fascial planes
5. Review the acupuncture meridians
6. Understand femoro-acetabular impingement (FAI) of the hip
7. Be able to integrate acupuncture into the management of FAI of the hip
8. Be able to identify and effectively needle points pertinent to the FAI of the hip
9. Understand shoulder impingement syndrome
10. Be able to integrate acupuncture into the management of shoulder impingement syndrome
11. Be able to identify and effectively needle points pertinent to the shoulder impingement syndrome
12. Understand WRULD into the context of a musician
13. Be able to integrate acupuncture into the management of WRULD in the context of a musician
14. Be able to identify and effectively needle points pertinent to WRULD in the context of a musician
- Current professional / statutory body registration (HCPC, GoSc, GMC etc.)
- Valid professional insurance for acupuncture
- Consent to receive needling on the course
This course is open to health professionals with previous acupuncture training and who have a significant level of anatomical and physiological knowledge.
CPD Hours: 7.5
AACP Members: £99.00
Non AACP Members: £125.00
Please log-in to access the members discount.
"Employer Paying" - Important Information
- Before registering on this course, please download the below "Employer Paying Application" for information on how to register your funding.
- All employer funding must be pre-approved and a where applicable, a valid purchase order must be provided (this particularly applies to anyone working within the NHS)
- The form must be returned within 7 days for registration, or places will be cancelled and resold.
- No employer funding applications will be accepted during the 30 days before the course start date.
- All course bookings made within the 30 days must be paid in full at the time of registration.
For full terms and conditions, please click here.