The ETRC Terms of Reference summarise the remit and role of the Education, Training and Research Committee.
On behalf of the AACP Board, the ETRC is responsible for:
Developing, operating and monitoring an appropriate accreditation, approval and evaluation process for the education and training of AACP members, which includes:
- Managing the process of accreditation and the triennial re-accreditation of tutors/teaching institutions seeking to teach for the AACP and/or the AACP accredited courses, including the annual peer-review of existing tutors
- Managing the accreditation of Foundation Courses and advanced acupuncture courses/modules for physiotherapists
- Managing the process of CPD course approval
- Developing and monitoring an appropriate spectrum of education, training and CPD for AACP members and evaluate this on an annual basis
- Promoting both an educational framework and up to date accreditation requirements to support members’ training in a rapidly developing statutory healthcare context
- Promoting a developmental and collaborative ethic of education, training and research within the AACP, ETRC, among tutors/teaching institutions and externally with other bodies, using the AACP website and articles in AACP (e-)newsletters.
Developing, operating and monitoring an appropriate clinical research and audit programme for AACP members, which includes:
- Developing and communicating an AACP research strategy that serves to increase awareness and to support the acceptance of acupuncture physiotherapy with:
- the public
- government Arm’s Length Bodies, such as NICE in England and equivalents elsewhere,
- commissioning bodies of treatments, such as Clinical Commissioning Groups
- other healthcare professionals and members
- Promoting and monitoring the AACP clinical audit tool
- Recruitment (using the AACP website and articles in AACP (e-)newsletters) and identification of suitable research projects for recommendation to the AACP Board for the allocation and management of funds.
|The ETRC currently has one vacancy, for an AACP member representative. Please contact email@example.com for details.
|The ETRC current (May 2016) membership is:
|Dr Mindy Cairns
||AACP Research Advisor
||AACP Board representative
|Caspar van Dongen
||Education and Training Coordinator
|Dr Dimitri Varsamis
||Healthcare commissioning representative
||AACP tutor representative